Tuesday, April 9, 2013

pure beauty: my mother

When you think of beauty, what comes to mind?

Is it a sunset in Hawaii, a masterpiece by Monet, or the smiles on your children’s faces?

We all appreciate beauty and find beauty in different things. When I think something is beautiful, it usually has more to it – I’m talking strength, compassion, uniqueness, simplicity, natural, different… get my drift?

Anyway, this last year I started to really try to take in and appreciate the beauty around me. I craved, needed, and wanted to find, what I have come to call, pure beauty.




The first place I found this pure beauty was in my mother.

The woman who raised me to be strong, opinionated, and considerate. The woman who taught me to be a lady, respect my elders, and always bless someone’s heart. The woman who put me and my sister before herself.

I look at my mother and I can’t help by marvel in her beauty. The sad part is she doesn’t see it. She calls herself fat and ugly constantly. And even though I know “that feeling,” I can’t help but think, “why doesn’t she see it?”

Beauty doesn’t have to be a size 4. Beauty doesn’t have to be 6ft tall. Beauty doesn’t have to have straight teeth, small feet, or tan skin – even though society makes us think that is what beauty is… (it’s a shame.)

Beauty is on the inside just as much as it is on the outside.

And my mother is the most beautiful woman I know.

With her obscene amount of jewelry & shoes, stunning smile, and wonderful laugh.
With her kindness, her patience, and her fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants attitude.
With her perfect alto voice, her way with words, and her passion.
With her open mind, honest opinion, and frankness.
With her gorgeous skin, her striking freckles, and her brown hair.

My mother is my definition of beauty. Pure beauty.

Over the next few days you will see more examples of what I see as pure beauty and why.

Anyway, here she is. Here is the woman that inspires me, drives me crazy, and whom I love very much.

Isn’t she gorgeous? 





**I am looking for more beautiful women. If you have a special lady in your life and would love to have photos taken of her, please email me at mary.decrescenzio@yahoo.com**

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed. As is your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love your Mom! She IS gorgeous! Her beauty is much more than skin deep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. You made me cry. She is a wonderful woman and you are growing to be one as well.

    ReplyDelete