Wednesday, April 10, 2013

pure beauty: my grandmother


I started this Pure Beauty, let’s call it a campaign, yesterday with photos of my mother.



Today I want to share with you photos of one of my very best friends… my Nanny.

This woman has been through A LOT in her 83 years of life. I don’t want to go into too much detail but her journey hasn’t been all rainbows and she has been through her share of thunderstorms. Through all the horrible things she has witnessed and suffered through she is still the most optimistic, faithful, and kindest person you will ever meet.

If there were angels on earth this lady would be one.

She has loved me through everything and she has loved me as one of her own.
Tattoos, piercings, and other not-so-smart decisions.

I lived with her for 6 months when my husband deployed and even though I missed my man, I wouldn’t trade those 6 months for anything. I got to be with my Nanny but I got to know her as a person… as Mary. (Side note, I’m totally named after her ;)

She has the patience of a saint, the tenacity of a lion, and a heart for God.

I hope that one day I can be even half of the woman she is. God put her in my life as my grandmother and my friend for a very specific reason and I thank Him every day for her.

 Without further ado, here is my absolutely, incredibly, stunningly gorgeous grandmother and my very best friend. 

The most beautiful 83 year old I know.



**I am looking for more beautiful women. If you have a special lady in your life and would love to have photos taken of her, please email me at mary.decrescenzio@yahoo.com**


No comments:

Post a Comment