Tuesday, April 1, 2014

{breathing fashion - death card}

Last year, I ran into a local vintage shop and started to chat with Gabby.

And I'm so glad I did.

She is a fashion blogger and local college student. She has the best personality and she is absolutely breathtaking.

I told her I wanted to photograph her and I didn't care what theme she went with. She decided to use tarot cards as her inspiration. We've had a lot of discussion about our personal beliefs and it is so refreshing to find some that respects my Christian beliefs and remains so open minded. Gabby has shattered all my preconceived notions on spirituality, tarot, and the goth look. She will change your life with her contagious enthusiasm, kindness, and since of style.

This set of outfits is inspired by the Death Card. I am not very knowledgable on tarot, so I'll use Gabby's words.

"So what does the Death card represent? Complete and utter transformation. I chose this card because not only is it a personal favorite, it’s probably the most misunderstood and most frightening card in the deck. This card doesn’t mean someone close to you is going to die, It means one door is closing and another is opening, in the most important sense of the word. Get ready for some major changes and opportunities when you see this card because it has an uncanny ability to appear when new ventures are around the corner. Change is GOOD, and sometimes we have to lose something to gain something even better. Think of it as reincarnation; one thing ends and another begins."

If you'd like to read more on the details, check out her post on it.  She also posted more, so definitely check it out!












No comments:

Post a Comment